M&A and competition law
The legal transaction of a company sale or purchase is in almost every case a measuring of value for the participants in a way: for the buyer, it typically is a sign of growth while on the seller’s side it may even indicate the success of a life’s work. The basis of such complex transactions is thorough due diligence and the key to their success is a contract and collateral system covering every detail. In addition, on the seller’s side, proper preparation is also a fundamental precondition of a company sale, which in certain cases requires the transformation of the company structure, the amendment of contracts and systems and, in all cases, the preparation of an appropriate due diligence data room.
In relation to M&A transactions, we prepare our clients for the company sale, provide advice and, if requested, we prepare the data room for the buyer due diligence.
During the negotiation of the transactions, we provide the wide spectrum of expertise of our lawyers, intensive work and capacity as well as coordination from the due diligence throughout the negotiation of the contracts to the closing of the transaction as well as the following integration process. We also provide company law analyses of transactions and, if necessary, the solving of not only Hungarian but international competition law matters.
Our M&A and competition law services cover the following:
- Preparation for the company sale, transformation of company structure with a view to the sale
- Preparation of the data room
- Representation during the negotiations preparing the transaction, advice on competition law
- Carrying out and coordination of due diligence processes, development of collateral systems
- Preparation of transaction documents
- Representation in the negotiation of the transactions, representation in relation to competition authority announcement
- Representation in relation to the fulfillment of obligations relating to and following the closing of the transaction
- Advice in relation to the tasks following the transfer