Minimum wage 2020
As of1 January 2020, the lowest compulsory amount of the basic wage for full-time employees (minimum wage) shall be as follows in case of carrying out full-time work:
- HUF 161,000 in case of applying a monthly wage,
- HUF 37,020 in case of applying a weekly wage,
- HUF 7,410 in case of applying a daily wage,
- HUF 926 in case of applying an hourly wage.
Guaranteed wage minimum 2020
In case of full-time employees hired for jobs requiring at least secondary school qualification or secondary vocational qualification, the guaranteed wage minimum stated for the application of a monthly wage has increased to HUF 210,600 gross.
As from 1 January 2020, the amount of wage to be paid to employees shall be:
- HUF 48,420 in case of applying a weekly wage,
- HUF 9,690 in case of applying a daily wage,
- and at least HUF 1,121 in case of applying an hourly wage.
In case of part-time employees, the monthly, weekly and daily wage specified must be taken into consideration on a pro-rata basis.
Changes in the minimum wage and the guaranteed wage minimum in recent years
|Year||Minimum wage (HUF)||Guaranteed wage minimum (HUF)||Change of minimum wage (%)||Change of guaranteed wage minimum (%)|
Certain benefits are linked to the amount of the minimum wage, so they will also increase as the amount of the minimum wage changes.
Among other items, this change affects the amount of childcare fee. The childcare fee amounts to 70 percent of the parent’s former income, but its maximum amount is aligned with the minimum wage, so the maximum amount of the childcare fee shall be HUF 225,400 in 2020.