Minimum wage 2019
As from 1 January 2019, the lowest compulsory amount of the basic wage for full-time employees (minimum wage) shall be as follows in case of carrying out full-time work:
- HUF 149,000 in case of applying a monthly wage,
- HUF 34,260 in case of applying a weekly wage,
- HUF 6,860 in case of applying a daily wage,
- HUF 857 in case of applying an hourly wage.
Guaranteed wage minimum 2019
In case of full-time employees hired for jobs requiring at least secondary school qualification or secondary vocational qualification, the guaranteed wage minimum stated for the application of a monthly wage has increased to HUF 195 thousand gross.
As from 1 January 2019, the amount of wage to be paid to employees shall be:
- HUF 44,830 in case of applying a weekly wage,
- HUF 8,970 in case of applying a daily wage,
- and at least HUF 1,121 in case of applying an hourly wage.
In case of part-time employees, the monthly, weekly and daily wage specified must be taken into consideration on a pro-rata basis.
Changes in the minimum wage and the guaranteed wage minimum in recent years
|Year||Minimum wage (HUF)||Guaranteed wage minimum (HUF)||Change of minimum wage (%)||Change of guaranteed wage minimum (%)|
Certain benefits are linked to the amount of the minimum wage, so they will also increase as the amount of the minimum wage changes.
Among other items, this change affects the amount of childcare fee. The childcare fee amounts to 70 percent of the parent’s former income, but its maximum amount is aligned with the minimum wage, so the maximum amount of the childcare fee shall be HUF 208,600 in 2019.